To be considered for NSU's Honors in Major program:
- You must have completed (or be in progress of completing) 90+ credits (all sources) when entering your final year of undergraduate coursework.
- You must hold a 3.8+ cumulative NSU GPA (based on a minimum of 15 completed NSU credits and a minimum of 30 NSU credits earned/enrolled).
- NSU's Farquhar Honors College reaches out to students who meet these minimum program requirements.
- If selected to apply to the Honors in Major program, you must submit an application to the Honors College indicating your interest.
- Your application will be reviewed by the Honors College and by faculty members in your academic department.
- Faculty in each department may set more rigorous requirements.
You must submit the application to participate in the Honors in Major program during the semester prior to your final two semesters of undergraduate coursework.
- May degree completion: April 15 (preceding year)
- August degree completion: November 1 (preceding year)
- December degree completion: November 1 (preceding year)
You will be notified of your application status two weeks following the end of the semester in which your application is submitted.
If selected to participate in Honors in Major, you will also be considered a member of NSU's Farquhar Honors College (with all the relevant privileges and recognition).
Click here to view and print the application (type in or write in legibly), and submit it, via email, as soon as possible to:
Don Rosenblum, Ph.D., Dean
Farquhar Honors College