NSU's Undergraduate Honors Program provides a rich educational experience for highly motivated and high achieving undergraduate students through curricular and co-curricular activities.
In addition to an emphasis on research and small class sizes, the Honors Program takes a well-rounded approach by encouraging students to support and learn from each other in and outside the classroom. It promotes balance by advancing students' personal and professional goals, and it creates unique ways for students to interact with their professors.
- Hands-On Learning - Honors students do not rely on books and lectures alone, but rather are encouraged to participate in thoughtful learning experiences and engaging discussions.
- Faculty Mentorship - The direct interaction with full-time faculty allows Honors students to gain a more comprehensive, interactive approach to their learning process. Students are free to ask creative questions and become more innovative in their thinking processes.
- Co-Curricular Experiences - Students in the Honors program connect classroom experience with experiences outside the classroom. This may include support for study abroad opportunities, speakers, exclusive workshops and seminars, and social activities. Learn about the Honors Student Advisory Board.
- Individualized Study - Opportunities will be available for students to conduct undergraduate research studies or study abroad.
- Special Recognition - All Honors courses will be noted on the student's permanent transcript, showing prospective employers or graduate and professional schools the enhanced education the student received.
- Scholarship Rewards - All students will have the opportunity to qualify for an Honors Program Scholarship in the amount of $500 per year.
Program Mission Statement
The Undergraduate Honors Program at Nova Southeastern University provides a rigorous academic environment through value-added curricular and co-curricular experiences for high-achieving undergraduate students. The program encourages academic integrity and leadership, professional development, engagement with faculty and peers, exploration of disciplinary and multidisciplinary inquiry, and establishment of community among members of the Honors students and faculty.
Program Vision Statement
The Undergraduate Honors Program at Nova Southeastern University will attract outstanding students to the university by providing a selective and challenging interactive and innovative academic experience. Students will enhance critical thinking skills, personal and academic integrity, and professional development while participating in a rigorous academic environment emphasizing academic excellence through multidisciplinary exploration, research and scholarship, leadership, and engagement, which will advance students to productive lives in a dynamic and global setting.